In the mountains of the Silvretta Group rock climbers too can experience holiday highlights in the Tyrol.
You are already an enthusiastic rock climber or boulderer or would like to try your luck on the rocks and boulders? In Galtür Paznaun-Ischgl via ferratas, the Jamtal toprope outdoor arena, multi-pitch routes in the mountains, the outdoor natural stone climbing wall in the village centre, the indoor boulder hall, the bouldering tower and a high-ropes course in our neighbouring village Ischgl await you. If you are a beginner or haven’t climbed in a while we recommend booking a mountain guide at the Galtür Mountain Guide Office.
We, as a quality-approved accommodation for climbers, offer the ideal conditions for a relaxing enjoyable holiday in Tirol and this advantages:
- athlet`s breakfast on request
- details and information on rock climbing in the region
- washing service for your climbing clothes
- timetable of the public transport
- opening times of the cable car station in Galtür – free with the Silvertta Card
- specialist magazines to rent
- daily weather forecast
- tips and information from family Mattle – also we love climbing
- relaxing on the balcony or in the garden behind the house after an exhausting mountainbike tour
- Rent of climing equipment at Interport Wolfart. Opening times: MO-FR 08:30 – 18:00, SA: 08:30 – 13:00 und 14:00 – 18:00, Sunday 10:00 – 12:00 Uhr.
Bouldering? What’s that?
Bouldering is climbing on rock boulders and faces without the use of a rope. Climbing takes place close to the ground and the floor is lined with thick protective pads. Bernd Zangerl, one of the world’s best boulderers, has discovered the bouldering area in the Silvapark area and divided it into 8 sectors in 2003. There is something for everyone – from beginners to pros!
On every Friday the outdoor programme of the tourist board includes a bouldering day in the Silvapark Galtür with trained guides . The whole family can try this sport, since Galtür is the first location in Austria to offer an outdoor bouldering area for children.