During your summer holidays in Paznaun-Ischgl you can enjoy numerous outdoor and indoor sports activities. The area is also a perfect starting point for many excursions that are especially popular in bad weather.
Pass road and passes near Apart Zimalis:
Pass roads and passes have always been popular excursion destinations. From Galtür you can easily travel on many snake-like pass roads to mountain passes. A must on the list of motor cyclists.
- Silvretta pass – free of charge for guests of Apart Zimalis!
- Reschen pass
- Jaufen pass
- Arlber pass
- Fern pass
- Brenner pas
In the 1970ies Galtür has deliberately made a decision against a ski area on our glaciers. But together with one of our experienced hiking guides you can hike on them. Other glaciers nearby can be accessed by gondolas.
Museums & Exhibitions
There are three museums in the Paznaun-Ischgl region, two of which can be visited free of charge for holders of the Silvretta Card. Other interesting museums are within a ½-2-hour rive in the districts of Landeck and Imst.
- Alpinarium Galtür – free of charge for guests of Apart Zimalis!
- Mathon Farmers’ Museum
- Ischgl Museum of Lifts – free of charge for guests of Apart Zimalis!
- Landeck Castle Museum
- St. Anton Local Heritage Museum
- Knappenwelt Gurgltal Miners’ Museum
- Ötzidorf Ötz – the Iceman’s village – in the Ötztal
- Biermythos Starkenberg brewery
- Kaunergrat Nature Park House
Leisure Park & Attractions for Children
The Sunny Mountain leisure park in Kappl, the Medrigalm spa park in See, the Mathon game park, the Sandli water playground, the Vider Truja theme trail in Ischgl and the See swimming lake are paradises for children in the Paznaun-Ischgl region and are a ½- to 2-hour drive from our house.
- Sunny Mountain park Kappl
- Medrigalm spa park
- Mathon game park
- Sandli water playground
- Vider Truja theme trail
- Fisser Flitzer toboggan run, Flieger glider etc. in Fiss fun park
- Alpine Coaster in Imst
- Area 47 at the entrance of the Ötztales
- Zammer Lochputz gorge
- Kidspark Ötz
Palaces & Castles
Many castles and palaces as well as road sections of the Roman Via Claudia Augusta tell of old times.
- Via Claudia Augusta
- Schloss Wiesberg castle at the entrance of Paznauntal Valley, Tobadill
- Schloss Landeck castle
- Schloss Laudegg castle in Ladis
- Schloss Naudersberg castle in Nauders
- Schloss Grenzfeste Finstermünz castle in Nauders
- Burg Berneck castle at the entrance of Kaunertal Valley
- Kronburg Zams castle
Towns & Sights
Galtür is a 1-3-hour drive from the following worthwhile towns: